Athletic Director Cover Letter
Athletic Directors are employed by secondary schools, colleges, and universities. These sports management experts are responsible for running sport programs and coordinating sport departments. Essential duties of an Athletic Director are preparing the budget for the athletic department, coordinating gym and athletic field use, making travel arrangements for sport players, providing competition for games and events, attending regular athletic meetings, and coaching staff.
A well-written sample cover letter for Athletic Director should focus on the following skills and qualifications:
- Physical education or sports management training
- Managerial skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm
- A good level of energy
- Computer competences
Below is presented a sample cover letter for Athletic Director highlighting similar abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Athletic Director Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Hannan:
With this letter and the enclosed resume, I would like to express my strong interest in the Athletic Director position you are looking to fill. As an experienced and successful manager with 14 years of experience driving successful athletic programs for Regional Mountain High School while overseeing all facets of program operations and leadership, I possess a wide range of knowledge and experience that will allow me to contribute toward the success of your school in this role.
My expertise lies in successfully overseeing sports programs and departments while efficiently managing department budgets and coaching teams to all-district championships. From developing and implementing practice schedules and balancing student-athlete responsibilities to representing schools at district-wide meetings and interviewing and hiring coaches, I am prepared to make an immediate and positive overall contribution to your athletic department. Skilled in analyzing resources and expectations to inform program direction, I excel at liaising with school staff, parents, and community groups to ensure optimal athletic program and facility satisfaction.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualifications for this position:
- Formulating and launching a new athletic program for Regional Mountain High School, introducing and establishing six high school sports—soccer, tennis, field hockey, ice hockey, lacrosse, and track—for competition across the district.
- Scheduling all athletic and intramural events, including arranging facilities for games and practices, coordinating officials, and submitting final schedules to parents and school staff.
- Developing and administering a program budget of up to $750K.
- Building and fostering beneficial partnerships to stimulate positive, ongoing community relations.
- Directing coach management—including recruiting, training, and scheduling—to promote top-flight team performances; orchestrating coaching certifications, conducting performance reviews, and determining salaries and benefits.
- Spearheading daily operations, teams, administration, and program development and management to ensure comprehensive and successful community recreational offerings.
My proven dedication to directing outstanding athletic programs, along with my exceptional interpersonal and relationship management talents, will contribute immensely to the success of your school. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Gary D. Brothers
25 Huntley St
Juno NSW 2345
T: (02) 0000 0000
M: 0402 000 000
06 July 2012
Salt Air Sports Club
18 Trenton St
Glendale NSW 2445
Re: Sports Centre Manager position
Dear Mr Driver
I am writing to apply for the position of Sports Centre Manager, as advertised recently on SEEK.com.au.
I am a highly organised and motivated professional with three years experience as a Sports Centre Manager. In my present role, I am responsible for the promotion of club activities to members and potential members, staff recruitment and training, preparing the club budget and managing the cleaning, maintenance, insurance and repairs of the club. I am also in charge of marketing, sending out the monthly newsletter, and managing club sporting events.
Through my initiatives in marketing, sponsorship, local event participation and creating new business partnerships, I have been able to achieve a 25 per cent increase in club membership, 35 per cent increase in annual turnover and 60 per cent increase in club sponsorship. I have a good head for business, budgeting and strategy, and I understand the importance of community engagement to a club’s success.
I hold a Bachelor of Business in Sport Management and a Certificate III in Fitness. I also possess excellent customer service skills, with solid written and verbal communication. I am familiar with the MS Office suite and have a good working knowledge of industry regulations, insurance, OHS and other legislation that affects sports club operations. I also hold a current first aid certificate and a Working With Children card.
Having started out in my career in a fitness club, I would welcome the opportunity to get back involved in the management of a gym – especially a modern, state-of-the-art facility like Salt Air Sports Club. My resume is attached and I look forward to being able to discuss the position with you further.