500 word essay writingJuly 15, 2013 - Posted to Essay Types
This type of essay is exactly just that, an essay written in 500 words. This is unless off course your lecturer or professor has specified otherwise. This type of easy is not actually as difficult as most students assume. The first step to writing a successful article begins with anticipating the essay. The essay attempts to provide its reader with an understanding on a particular subject. Where there are a variety of topics, pick a topic that is not so broad, as this will help you achieve the word limit. The most important pointers in writing a five hundred essay are to stick to the topic and the recommended word count.
Writing the Essay
A 500 essay typically has three sections, the introduction, the body and the conclusion. Each of these parts has its own unique purpose. Therefore, it is important to know what appears where. The parts of the essay are:
- Introduction – This is the first section and it is typically a 100 words or less in length. It can be considered as the gateway that ushers the reader into the author’s arguments. A good introduction like a good doorway therefore, should be inviting. This is achieved by choosing an interesting aspect of the topic assigned. Relevance is also important and so ensures that the topic is relevant to the reader. A key feature of the introduction is the thesis statement. This part of the introduction informs the author of what the paper argues.
- Body – This is the main part of the essay. Typically, it is the longest part as well, and it focuses on supporting the thesis statement. For a 500 word essay with a five hundred word count, the body would be about three hundred words. In the body, ensure that your arguments are related to the topic. Secondly, focus your content on supporting your argument. Thirdly, ensure that you have a factual framework, rather than basing your content on opinion. This can be achieved by using references and citing them appropriately. A writer may choose to begin with the stronger points and finish with the weaker points, or begin with the milder ones and conclude with the strongest. The latter is a better choice since it offers a punch line effect where the reader gains a stronger opinion as they lead on. This is very important for the conclusion part.
- Conclusion – The conclusion focuses on affirming the writer’s stance. For a 500 word essay, the typical length of the conclusion would be a hundred words, just like the introduction. The conclusion leads the reader out of the writer’s world. A good conclusion therefore should reassure the reader of the importance and relevance of their literally voyage. It may begin by restating the thesis statement, probably in stronger terms. One or two of the strongest supporting points are then mentioned. Finally, the relevance of the topic is revisited, and further directions are given to the reader, on the applicability of the argument.
Tips and pointers
Due to the brief nature of 500 word essays, ensure that the topic you pick is not extremely broad. Represent your ideas in concise and succinct sentences. Secondly, plagiarism is a big no in 500 word essays just like in other academic pieces. Ensure that your paper has zero plagiarism. It is also important to proofread your work. This is an effective method of rooting out plagiarized sections. In addition to this, also check the spellings and grammar within the essay. While you read the essay, ensure that there is coherence and that there is a good and logical flow of ideas. Once you are satisfied, you could go through it again from your audience’s perspective, or that of your lecturer. This will help you assess whether it meets the conditions.
500 word essayessayessay writing
How to Write 500 Word Essay?
A 500-word essay is a common assignment for high school and college students. Preparing a 500-word essay means that you will need to conduct preliminary research in order to have useful materials and prepare a good topic for your paper. Once you complete your research, you will need to prepare an outline before starting to write the first drafts. Do not forget about proofreading, i.e. fixing grammar and spelling errors. In order to conduct research, you may visit numerous libraries and search for the books which cover the topic of your paper. Make sure you take notes on the cards. This will help you remember some very important facts related to the topic of your article. So, let us show you how to write 500 word essay in a proper way.
How long is 500 word essay?
Actually, it depends on the font and spacing you would choose. For instance, choosing Times New Roman 12 with double spacing, your 500 word essay would be a page with a half. If you plan to use another fonts and sizes – feel free to use check our words to page calculator.
The structure of a 500-word essay: key items to include
Create a detailed outline
Present the points you are going to discuss when producing your paper. In the course of writing, your thoughts will become more coherent. Thus, you will be able either to add or remove the points from your outline. Provide the headings of the sections of your outline with your topic sentences. Start every planned paragraph within the outline with a “1” or “A”. After that, keep on expanding your topic with different subheadings. Your outline needs to be prepared with the aim of developing a perfect thesis statement for your paper.
Produce an introductory section
This is the first chapter of your paper which usually consists of about 100 words. The role of the introduction is to present the examined subject to readers. In order to interest readers in the topic of your work, you need to highlight some of its catchy points. Moreover, you have to ensure that readers are at least a little bit aware of the addressed matter to know what information to provide in your paper. The main element of the introduction is a thesis statement which illustrates the chief idea of the paper. Also, it is required to support the thesis statement with evidence and vital facts. When starting writing an introductory paragraph of your 500-word essay make sure that you place your thesis statement at the end of this paragraph. The introductory section should describe the aspects of the chosen topic which you are going to explore in the paper body. It should be written clearly so that readers fully understand what your work is focused on. Try to make your introductory chapter engaging. Thus, readers will desire to keep reading your paper.
Compose the main body
It is both the most fundamental and the biggest section of your paper. Its aim is to back up the thesis statement presented in the introductory chapter. The body of a 500-word essay usually comprises 300 words. Write down your “body paragraphs” (usually, there are 5 paragraphs in 500 words essay and 3 paragraphs for the body) in a similar way as well. In each body, paragraph provides even more detailed evidence of the validity of your thesis statement, mentioned in the introduction. When working on this section, you have to impart the facts that are relevant to your subject. Moreover, you should keep in mind that the expressed ideas have to be supported by strong evidence. In order to add weight to your work, you should make references to credible sources. Remember to organize citations appropriately! You can examine the matter in different ways. For example, you may either start with analyzing the strong points of your topic and finish with exploring the weak ones or vice versa. It is better to use the second method, as it makes a stronger effect on readers. When writing the main body, you should strive to make it reasonable. Remember that your viewpoint on the discussed issue matters. Still, it is just a point of view. Therefore, present accurate data about the subject to make your essay valid.
You can always make the request to our writers “do my 500 word essay” and we would be happy to assist you in writing! Reach your academic success now!
This is the last section of your paper which should give a critical insight about the investigated subject. A conclusion of the five hundred word essay is usually the same in length as the introduction, i.e. 100 words. This part should summarize the points which you have discussed in your work. The key purpose of a concluding section is to convince readers that your topic is worth being covered. You may start your conclusion by repeating a thesis statement. However, it has to be written in other words than it has been presented in the introduction. Additionally, you may illustrate a few strong points analyzed in your work. End a conclusion by giving recommendations on the future use of the provided information.
Check this 500 word essay example from our writers. They kept traditional essay structure to ease your writing process.
Every writer has their own specific style of writing papers. All of us adopt different methods for examining topics. We use different language means to describe the features of the issues we are dealing with. The manner of exploring various subjects and creating papers, in general, is what makes each piece of writing exclusive. When producing your 500-word essay, try to add some zest to your text, some wonderful examples, for instance, so that readers do not get bored.
Become a reader
After completing the essay, you should take some rest. If you want to make sure your work is written well and covers the topic completely, try to imagine yourself being a reader. Does your paper clearly highlight the main idea? Is the essay coherent? In case you are dissatisfied with some points of your work, revise it fully.
Then carefully proofread and reread your essay a few times. You may even allow one of your friends read the essay, as by this you will get a fresh look at things that could be redone in your paper. Search for misspelled words and grammar mistakes, as they may spoil even the most beautiful content.
Prepare works cited page and include each source you used in conducting your research. While doing this, make sure you follow the format and standards for 500-word essays that your teacher has assigned to you.
Avoid plagiarized content
Remember that it is not complicated to detect plagiarism in one’s paper. It is understandable that you may need to use the ideas of other authors when writing the paper. In this case, you need to quote original text and make reference to the source where you have found particular data. You should understand that producing authentic papers is a matter of crucial importance.
Useful tips for writing:
- Save the copies of references in order to make sure you will be able to cite them correctly when your work is ready. Once you find any reliable citation, you may simply highlight some specific parts which you would like to use.
- Type your paper sticking to the format your professor has assigned to you. If he or she tells you to use single spacing, follow all the required directions in order to receive a good grade.
- Never plagiarize the work of others. Plagiarism means dishonesty, and if you do this, your professor may easily provide you with a failing grade. Plagiarizing work of other people is always bad and it leads to really bad consequences.
Mid-Terms is famous for providing essays of the highest quality. We know how to satisfy all your writing needs. Order 500 word essay from us and get the best grades in your class!
Have your dreamed that your academic life would be full of fun and emotions? You would not miss parties, datings and trips... Instead of writing, you would play video games and chill?
We have created this service for such students as you - who can write an assignment, but prefers to spent these unforgettable years in more pleasant way. We consider that being a student is the best period of YOUR life and we would help!
Fill in the order form (less than 5 minutes), provide your paper requirements and enjoy your life!
Your dorm mates are already dealing with us! ORDER NOW!
Why Mid-Terms.com is your BEST choice in custom writing?
24/7 Customer Support We have 24/7 customer support to help you. Feel free to drop us an email or contact via free Live Chat.
100% Confidentiality We fully respect your integrity and all details will be kept wholly confidential throughout the process.
100% Plagiarism Free Papers Our every paper is written from scratch. You would never meet the person with the same work.
Save lots of cash with us!
Placing an Order You Would Get Your Own Code
Submit an order to get your referral code. This code will be unique for you and can be shared with your friends.
You will earn money if your friend would make an order, using your referral code. You will get a partial percentage of amount on every successful assignment completion (10% from his/her orders).
Amazing Discount System
15% off for your first any order and lifetime discounts system!